Okines Community House
A welcoming, supportive and sustainable community. We value community, respect, creativity and sustainability. We service the southern beaches area including Lewisham, Forcett, Carlton, Dodges Ferry and Primrose Sands.
Our services and activities include:
- Food Coop – an outlet for purchasing bulk, organic/ethical wholefoods and other products at affordable prices
- Community garden - values and appreciates the involvement of volunteers, promotes waste minimisation, encourages socialising together to celebrate and embrace diversity, hosting regular soirees and pizza eating sessions, annual winter solstice and lantern parade and DIGnity – a supported gardening program
- We offer breakfast club two mornings a week, eating with friends, cooking classes, movie nights, twilight markets, school holiday activities, health and well being activities including tai chi, pilates, yoga and fitness classes, craft and painting groups, local choir, computer classes, book club, spinning group, steiner playgroup and host the Orange Sky Laundry once a week.
- Toy and book library
- Computer and internet access including photocopying, laminating, scanning and fax
- Hire out rooms at reasonable prices
PO Box 91
Dodges Ferry TAS 7173