Coronavirus & Neighbourhood Houses
Updated: Monday 27 April 2020
The situation with Coronavirus (Covid-19) is changing daily and as a result people are seeking guidance on how to deal with potential infection in their communities. As the Peak Body, NHT would like to provide some relevant information to the the Network about Covid-19.
The Tasmanian Government is providing daily updates, through the following sites:
- Tasmanian Department of Health Facebook page
- Live streamed daily updates on Facebook, through the ABC Hobart. page.
- Tasmanian Government Department of Health Coronavirus website This website is your go to place for all official Government information. NHT defers to this information and will not be interpreting or summarising information. However here is a document that gives you a summary of all the information on the website - the sections under each of the Menus.
Click here for a downloadable menu
- The Australian Government Tracing App information
About social distancing - audio recording.
NHT summaries of the Premiers daily briefing:
- Summary of the Premier's Update 27 April 2020
- Summary of the Premier's update & funding increase 9 April 2020
Information and resources
Looking after our mental health and wellbeing.
Network catch ups - contact NHT for the link
Australian Government Coronva Virus online infection control training.
Managing volunteers and your obligations towards them have not changed with the COVID 19 context. Information about WHS for volunteers can be found at SafeWork Australia and particularly at this link - The Essential Guide to Work Health and Safety for Organisations that Engage Volunteers
Volunteering Tasmania is of course an important resource.